TOP 10 TIPS FOR YOUTHFUL SKIN , 1 Comment
Nourishing and healing your skin begins from the inside with the foods you eat. When we have a healthy gut we’re able to digest and absorb all the essential nutrients which will lead to healthy happy cells. These cells make up our hair, skin and nails.
By eating an anti-inflammatory diet and living a healthy lifestyle we can combat dull and dry skin, fine line, wrinkles, acne, eczema, rosacea and other skin issues. To detoxify, heal, and nourish your body:
1. Warm lemon water: Drink every morning upon waking. Follow with 1 liter of filtered water.
2. Probiotics: Consume probiotics on an empty stomach after the lemon water.
3. Fresh Green Juice: If possible drink a fresh made green juice before breakfast. With minimal digestion required the nutrients will go straight to the cells to detoxify and nourish the body with chlorophyll, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients. My favorite juice consists of cucumbers, greens, cilantro (parsley or mint), lemon, and apple.
4. Turmeric: As an anti-inflammatory, turmeric protects skin cells and brain cells from free radical damage thereby reducing the formation of fine lines and wrinkles. This super-spice is also known to prevent disease, alzheimer’s and cancer. Try adding it to juices, smoothies, vegetables, eggs, salad dressing, soups, stir fry’s etc.
5. Carrots: Loaded with a variety of nutrients and antioxidants which boost the immune system, destroy pre-cancerous cells, and support a healthy digestive tract. One of the antioxidants, beta carotene, prevents and reverses cell damage resulting in a slowed aging process. Vitamin A attacks free radicals to prevent signs of aging and supports the liver in flushing out toxins. Vitamin C increases collagen production in the body.
6. Avocado: One of the best anti-aging super foods, loaded with antioxidants, fatty acids, and essential amino acids which produce collagen, reduce inflammation, and heal scars and burns.
7. Spinach: A nutritional powerhouse full of nutrients and antioxidants that work to produce collagen and promote healthy skin, keep your eyes sparkly and clear, fight infection, and reduce inflammation. Bonus: It’s super low in calories!
8. Berries: Raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, blackberries are all anti- inflammatory, rich in flavonoids and carotenoids, and are full of antioxidants that work to improve the over all appearance of the skin and eyes. They all offer anti-aging benefits and promote longevity.
9. What to Remove: Get rid of wheat, soy, dairy, peanuts, refined sugar, trans fats, fast foods, and chemicals. As much as possible, stick to organic foods to avoid chemicals, pesticides, hormones, and toxins.
10. Detoxify: Begin dry brushing 2-3 times a week (or every morning) before showering to promote youthful skin and stimulate the lymphatic system. Daily moderate exercise and stretching is extremely beneficial for stimulating blood flow and keeping the cells young.
And... voila! A healthier, more vibrant version, but still the same you.