The Strangest (and Greatest) Hair Trick , 0 Comments
I have been growing my hair out for years and years! My hair grows extremely slowly and I have tried many different products to encourage it not to break at the ends. The best thing I have found for split ends is apple cider vinegar. I tried doing the “no poo” method with my hair but since I have highlights, my hair was always really dry on the ends and greasy at the roots. One thing I did notice was that my split ends disappeared after using the ACV rinse. Here is the method I follow now:
- Wash your hair with whatever shampoo you want. I alternate between a minty-fresh smelling one and a clarifying shampoo with charcoal in it to get rid of hair product buildup.
- Rinse the shampoo out of your hair and squeeze out as much water as possible.
- Pour some undiluted ACV over the ends of your hair. If you have layers, try to get those in there too. You could also use a cup of ACV and dip your hair into it.
- With the ACV still in your hair, apply a conditioner or mask.
- Leave on 5-10 minutes. I usually shave and wash my body during this time.
- Rinse well! Once your hair dries you’ll notice fewer split ends. The smell disappears once your hair dries.
Use only raw, undiluted apple cider vinegar with “the mother”. The darker and cloudier it is, the better.
Do this about every three times you wash your hair, once or twice a week for me.
This method has helped me avoid hair cuts - save your money, and save your hair. -Shelby Nichols