Raw Vegan Chocolate Pudding , 1 Comment
Avocados… In chocolate pudding?
I combined a few different recipes to make a chocolate pudding that was simply divine. It’s packed with health benefits, including healthy fats, antioxidants, and fiber. You wouldn’t even know that it is dairy free, nut free, gluten free, and refined sugar free. The avocados make this rich and creamy; the bananas make it light and fluffy.
Here’s the recipe:
- 2 whole avocados peeled and pitted.
- 1 banana, peeled.
- ½ cup cocoa powder. Get 100% pure, unsweetened organic. I feel like the other stuff just tastes like cardboard.
- ¾ cup maple syrup.
- ½ cup cold pressed coconut oil.
- 1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder. Let’s face it; I add this to everything for an antioxidant boost.
- 1 teaspoon nama shoyu, optional. The saltiness helps to eliminate the avocado-y flavor and balances the sweetness from the maple syrup.
- Splash of balsamic vinegar (about ½ teaspoon). This adds rich flavor and helps emphasize the chocolate.
- Pinch of cinnamon.
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Serve right away, or put into the freezer to make a frozen pudding-mousse. Either way, it’s amazing. I topped mine with fresh raspberries and it was incredible.
Yes, this is high in fat. So that means you shouldn’t eat it for every meal, but it beats regular puddings laden with sugar and preservatives! -Shelby Nichols