Low-FODMAP Gazpacho , 1 Comment
If our article introducing you to the low-FODMAP diet has piqued your interest (see it HERE), then we'd like to tickle your taste buds as well! Below, a recipe for a simple gazpacho (a chilled blended vegetable soup hailing from Spain, traditionally made with a base of tomatoes). Buen provecho!
- 1 large cucumber, seeded
- 2 red Bell peppers, seeded, and with stalks removed
- 5 or 6 tomatoes (I'm partial to Campari for their sweeter flavor)
- 1/2 cup spring onions (use ONLY the green parts of the spring onion)
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh dill and chives (to garnish)
- After giving them a rough chop, combine all the vegetables in a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped & well-combined, but don't overdo it!
- In a large bowl, mix together the liquid ingredients and the cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Combine both sets of ingredients, mix well, and let it chill before serving. Ideally, make it in the morning and serve at night. The flavors develop more the longer it sits.
- Maria Vasylivna